CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, March 26, 2008

for sure worth sharing....

Chicken in Peanut and Coconut Sauce
compliments of Aunt Kris given to me by Aunt Kim

Ingredients:
2 lbs. chicken breasts or tenderloins
1 Tbsp. chopped onion
1-2 cloves garlic, chopped
1 cup water
1 Tbsp. chicken boullion
1-2 Tbsp. soy sauce
1/2 tsp. cumin
1/2 tsp. coriander
1 can coconut milk
1 Tbsp. hot chili oil
1/3 cup peanut butter
1/4 cup peanuts coarsely chopped
cilantro (just for garnish)

In a deep skillet heat oil over medium heat. Add onions and garlic and cook 1-2 minutes. Add chicken, brown lightly on both sides. Then add water, boullion, soy sauce, cumin, coriander, coconut milk, and hot chili oil. Simmer uncovered until chicken is fully cooked and sauce reduces. Add peanut butter, and heat through. Garnish with peanuts and cilantro and serve with steamed rice. ENJOY!

Feel free to copy and paste so you can have this recipe for yourself. I hope anyone who tries this enjoys it as much as I did. It was delicious. To my dear friends Sunny and Becky...I miss our cook group. If any of you have good recipes send them my way, it seems like I have slim pickins these days.

10 comments:

Brit said...

Wow! That looks incredible! Any other secrets... about the sauce... or how you cook it. just making sure. I will give it a try.

kara said...

Thank you for the recipe. Anything you make is good! I miss being your neighbor to share things like this.

Cordie said...

That looks so good, thanks for sharing. I will have to try it this week!!!

Maureen said...

I will definitely give this recipe a try! Thanks for teaching the preschool today! The next time you teach I can take cici for you, I should have offered earlier! Sorry I was so thoughtless!
p.s. I can't wait to find out what you are having!!!

Hallie said...

looks yummmy! PS. we're expecting a little one in October.

Jake, Tayli, Jayli, Kynli & Charli said...

Heather, that would kill me on the spot! You know since I'm allergic to peanuts and all. But I'll just make you a copy of that potatoe recipe.

Heather said...

Hey, this is Jason Simons, an old mission companion of Frank's. I just found out you guys have a blog through the Stewart's blog. I haven't seen you guys in years. I watched Frank play football a few times. You guys have some cute kids. Tell Frank to drop me a line sometime. jasesimons@gmail.com

Rebecca said...

it better be worth it- especailly if i have to cook!

Heather said...

(From Simons) Frank, my number is 801-400-8655. We really need to get together sometime.

Aleese and Scott said...

Nummy I will have to try it out I am always looking for good recipes.