CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, October 9, 2008

Free and Fun

The other strength coaches wives and I had a great little get together the other night. We created an almost FREE craft project, so I thought I would share. My friend Jackie supplied almost the whole thing. I had a few things to throw into the pot like glitter spray, paint & brushes, and raffia. Anyway… this is what we did: (sidenote...mine is not hung up yet so that you can see it a little better in the picture)
1- Jackie had her husband cut up these wood scraps and then she primed them
2- Jackie went to the canyon and picked leaves and then put modge podge on them so that they will stay beautiful and shiny . (p.s. they need to dry overnight)
3- Then we got together and put our creativity to work. It was so fun to see how everyone’s turned out…they were all so unique. I wish I had pics of the others.
4- instead of ordering vinyl lettering Courtney came up with the genius idea of using sticks for the lettering. How appropriate for fall time…I loved it!
5- Anyway…everything is just hot glued on. So EASY! And it was a fun night out with the girls. Try it out with a few friends and see what you can create.
Close up of one of the sides...the leaves are so beautiful at this time of year!
And last but definitely not least...my chunky boy turns 2 months old tomorrow. TIME FLIES!

HAPPY FALL!

13 comments:

Dave and Lindsay said...

Hey Hedda!!! Cute sign, thats a great idea, I love learning new craft projects!! I can't believe your little one is two months!! he is such a little chuck, but really I wouldn't want it anyother way!! I love it, he's darling!!

Sandra said...

Wow I would have never thought to use modge podge on leaves. Thats neat. I can't believe your little one is already two months.

The Childs Family said...

What a cute craft and I couldn't help but have a huge grin on my face when I saw the pic of sweet Samson...he looks like he is flexing and showing off his huge muscles...AKA rolls...what a HANDSOME boy Heather...come visit us. :)

Chris and Brittani Knudsen said...

What a darling little project...I'm going to have to try it out. I can't belive how big Samson is, he is so studly. Lydia is still such a peanut I would love to see the difference between them!

Cordie said...

Cute and fun craft! And TWO MONTHS already!!! That is crazy!

Aleese and Scott said...

What a cute craft and nice that is was free! WOW I can't believe how much Samson has changed! He is absolutely adorable!!! I just want to squeeze him!! Also Happy Anniversary hope you guys have a great time!

Cassie said...

I Love his curly hair!! He is adorable! (We really need to get together!)

Chelsea said...

oh man that little baby is so cute!!! their kitchen is from toys r us, and i love it:) It goes on sale every once in a while so I'd keep checking!

Jenn said...

Oh my Heather. He is so cute I can't wait to hold him one day.

Jessika said...

I love your craft Heatha-love. Good job. And I can't believe how big Sam is! He's so adorable! I can't wait to see him in a few weeks!!!! YEA! I'm kind of sad now that I found out Jack isn't coming. But it might be easier. Anyway, we're going to have so much fun. I'm pumped. Love you!

Brit said...

Your sign turned out so cute! How fun!! I can not believe your little guy is already 2 months old.... I cant wait to see you guys again around the holidays!!

Morgan@LittleHouseofVeggies said...

How are things with your new baby? I miss you. If we are ever in a sort of similar city, we need to get together! Love you Heather!

Jai said...

What a "Chunky Monkey"! I love it!!! I miss you and think that you are awesome. Keep in touch!
Jamie